Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's in the basement?

I've been living with so much inherited stuff for so long that I no longer see it. While looking at pictures I'd taken in the basement to use as examples of my mother's selective pack-rat hoard I was surprised by what I hadn't noticed. There's a lot more to be done before presenting it here but I had to show off a little something that vintage decorators will appreciate.

My home's original kitchen cabinets were moved to the basement during a mid-1960's renovation.


Edited to add a picture of the Youngstown wall cabinets.    

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a boot machine that I could put quarters in to kick my behind for having tossed my beautiful metal cabinets... :)
    What was I thinking?? Oh yes, laminate press board is so much more, ummm, disposable,,?
    I don't even want to think about the wall cabinets..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without the end shelf thingies the cabinets are nothing more than generic white metal boxes with handles. Tossing them is understandable.

    ReplyDelete